Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hey guys..

So past the two days, i am eating at a hotel called MADRAS CAFE. You would have guessed it.. It is a pucca south indian hotel. Its not one of those hotels with great paintings & great ambience. Its really cheap.. very simple place.. Probably looks slightly better than my college canteen. But the food was awesome. I enjoyed both the dinner yesterday and today. The best part was i spoke to those guys in tamil. It was fun on the whole.

But I incidentally noticed something here.. most of the indian guys / girls marry an american indian or an american. I rarely see people come down to india and get married and go back. Ofcourse i knw a couple of ppl who have done that.. but most of the times.. they marry ppl here and go back and tell ppl at home that they r married.. like the HDFC insurance ad.. he he.. thats too much.. i was kidding. they inform before the marriage itself.. :-)

Mostly they get acquainted to fellow indians.. and especially in the land which they have no clue of, they prefer the company of the fellow citizens, aka desis (ppl of same desh)... the acquaintance slowy but surely turns into love.. which is actually not wrong.. i remember one of the old movie dialogue.. in kuch kuch hota hai.. first the girl has to be my friend to be my love.. this is very true with guys / girls here.. all the best for u guys.. come out in flying colors.. long live ur love.. long live ur happy married life.. :-)

and btb... i was wondering that i would be difficult to bring up kids and i was infact discussing the same with one of my colleague.. and he gave a very good answer.. which is worth sharing with ppl.. he told when in america.. be prepared to bring up ur kids as americans.. else they will be like ABCD .. i asked what the hell on earth is ABCD.. he told AMERICAN BORN CONFUSED DESIS.. that i was one of the coolest acronyms.. but dude!! think.. do u want ur kids to be ABCDs.. just bring them up the american way.. dont force indianism.. thats what my minds says.. but my heart says.. I LOVE INDIA AND ITS CULTURE..

I am confused in the process!!! :-) he he
catch u later!

No comments: