Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shifted to the Park Place
-------------------------

Yesterday morning we checked out of the residence inn. We kept our luggage at reception though. We then went to office. Subchin was thr to pick us up. We were 4 of us yesterday. Vinodh and Mahesh from the news team were also thr. So, work went on as usual. I also called up usha attai yesterday. She was very happy to listen to me after quite some time. What else.. ya the most important thingy.. I got my digital camera. I was happy. I then reached the new place. My flat mates are narayan kamath and don, a guy from ireland. they are cool.. Forgot to tell about the place... this room of mine is blue room.. so u knw what.. the entire room is furnished with blue.. the bean bags.. the pillows. and the bed... evn the foot mat at the toilet is blue.. i will put up the pic for sure.. I then went had my dinner at "SHIVAS".. an indian restaurant in the downtown..

It was good.. I had a chat.. it was not great.. soup was ok.. i had naan and dal makhani.. the dal makhani was excellent... more than everything (generally goes unnoticed) the ambience was really good.. there was a lord nataraja's idol.. you have an indian welcoming you.. dont worry .. it wasnt forcing hinduism on you.. The walls had a muslim style of art.. it was reallly fantastic sight to watch... the congruence of the hindu muslim culture.. it was a great place.. the music was mostly veena.. and other accompaniments.. food i would say was pretty good..
the guy who serves thr incidently is an indian who works in synopsys.. had a chat with him.. and i got to knw that thrz no finger bowl in this part of the world.. on the whole, a pretty good dinner..

i reached back my room.. i then called up my friende... i switched on the music .. carnatic ofcourse and started reading the manual.. read the basic manual.. i will read the advanced manual and then off i went to sleep.. woke up only at 8:33 today. that was my day yesterday..
catch u later. .
love
sundar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,

hey seems u are enjoying a lot. But ...yeah i can understand u are missing India.. donworry man... will be back soon. I am also yearning to see u. Ambi,life has changed so much right.. completely a new lifestyle.. me, here at hyderabad and u.. really far away from us. so hope everythings goin fine out there with u. come on keep bashing ... enjoy to the fullest.. anyways keep blogging... and scrapping.. i ll read and if possible reply to ur blogs

take care dude,
sukanya