Friday, November 03, 2006

Fun with Santhosh
---------------------


Hi, i will continue my story about my hike later. here is what happened yesterday.

Santhosh came to my room yesterday. For those who dont know who santhosh is, he is one of class mates at st. josephs. He is a part of my close friends circle at st. josephs. So, from there he went to iitm and now he is in stanford university. He is pretty close friend of mine. I went to visit him two weeks back at stanford. So, it was his turn to reciprocate. He had come to my room on thursday evening (????) and we went out for dinner. The place where went was amber cafe. It is hardly a few hundred feet from the bus stop where i was waiting for him. Once he came, we were just talking and we didnt realize that we had walked a lot ahead. and, then we started to walk back and got completely confused of whr we were.. we were basically oscillating from one end to another.. and think that we r taking the wrong direction and walk back.. oh god, what a mess.. finally we reached the hotel. we were discussing his LEELAIGALs over the weekend.. it was fun.. like talking so freely on the road.. and casually walking.. this usually doesnt happen here.. cab comes and drops u off at ur apartment most of time.. you hardly get to walk a lot.. but it was fun.. basically i enjoyed his company a lot..

I asked him to get tamil movies, he comes over and tells.. he forgot bring them.. but he had a cd bag of all types of nonsensical stuffs.. hindi movie, songs. etc... but i was in no mood of watching a movie.. we started chit chatting.. we basically spoke a lot.. basically it was junk for an outsider.. and we started reading some of the movie reviews.. and we laughed and laughed.. man.. seriously.. we watched some google videos.. some on you tube.. those lollu sabha videos.. (spoosf in tamil) were amazing.. and then i found this review.. a must read.. if u follow tamil movies.. evn others can read and still enjoy.. and then.. we watched a couple of episodes of futurama.. while waiting for a movie to download.. the movie which wanted to download was "JUST MY LUCK".. it was a very cute movie which i watched on flight on my way to los angeles.. it was already 12 :45.. so we decided to sleep.. from 12:45 to 2:30 types.. we were just chatting with the lights off.. we remembered a lot of funny stuffs that happened in first puc... 11std.,. it was fun.. i was laughing my ass off.. trust me.. things look so funny now.. finally we decided to sleep.. he had a class at 8:30am today .. and even i had to go to office.. so.. i just wanted to chk out the time.. switched on the alarm.. we woke up like 7:30.. he was on his way to college.. and i was on my way to office..

it was a moment to cherish.. nobody expected that we would be having a such a nice time.. in a place so far away from our mother land... so far away from the place we met.. and so far away.. from the place we had all the fun.. it was great!! these are moments i will carry back home.. these are moments which he will remember for the next few years he is going to be here.. it was extremely special.. coz. u wont get anybody to speak to with ur heart open.. all though every damn tom dick and harry will tell you "Haaai, how r u doing ... " on the road.. u wont get anybody to share ur sorrows or happiness..

friends are something which u earn in life.. i am very happy and proud of my very close friend circle.. i hope one of u will read this. i dont have to tell who my close friends are her.. coz.. if u r one of them. u knw it. missing u all guys.. i am missing my family and ppl back home.. i am missing my college days.. i am missing my night outs.. bakharing.. i am missing my days.. when ppl used to wake me up for 8:30 class and i used to tell.. 5 mins and sleep.. i miss that early morning phone cals from opal to wake me up.. the care and affection of ppl back home.. i am missing my moms food.. i am missing my chats with my dad.. leg pulling of my cousins and sis.. i am missing my grand father a lot.. i am missing my grandmother who wakes me up in the morning.. everyday... at bangalore..

life is a paradox here.. i was very happy about having fun with santhosh.. in fact we were talking a lot about fun we had.. and then after all that.. u suddenly say.. man!! i miss those days.. and then u talk about all the things that u miss.. and then u feel sad!! its better not to think of happy days.. when u r here.. its better to be like a robots.. no emotions to be displayed.. or shared.. love ur life thr... if u just waiting to immigrate to india.. u might not find that again in your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why suddenly all shenti senti..
cat